2022 PASCHAL SEASON CELEBRATION
CELEBRATION DATE TIME
HOLY THURSDAY APRIL 14th 2022 6:00pm
GOOD FRIDAY APRIL 15th 2022
· Good Friday Procession (Departure from 19 Maye Street, Off Montgomery Str.) 8:00am
· Stations of the cross 1:00pm
· Divine Mercy prayer 2:30pm
· Celebration of the passion of the Lord 3:00pm
EASTER VIGIL (Holy Saturday) APRIL 16th 2022 7:00pm
N. B: The above celebrations will take place at the same time at St Dominic's and all outstations.
EASTER SUNDAY: Masses are scheduled for - 7:00am, 9:00am, 11:00am.
There would be no Children’s Mass and Evening mass.
· Masses in the Parish - 6:15am only (NO MIDDAY AND EVENING MASSES)
· Easter Monday Galilee celebration takes place at Federal Science and Technical College (FSTC) besides Yabatech. It begins with Mass by 10:00 am. Activities for the day include Novelty Football match, Egg and Spoon Race, Sack Race, bouncing castle, Gele/Tie Tying, Dancing Competition and SCC March-Past. There would be food and drinks.
Tuesday to Saturday within the Octave - Masses at the usual times in the Parish
Easter confessions continue till Wednesday:
DAY / DATE PERIOD
Monday 11th April 9:30am - 11:30am & 4:30pm - 6:00pm
Tuesday 12th April 9:00am - 11:00am & 4:30pm - 6:00pm
Wednesday 13th April 9:00am - 11:00am & 4:30pm - 6:00pm
NOTE: There will be no general confessions during the Triduum
ARCHDIOCESAN CHRISM MASS
Chrism Mass shall be celebrated as follows this year:
• Tuesday, 12th April, 2022: Catholic Church of the Nativity, Festac, at 9am.
• Thursday, 14th April, 2022: Holy Cross Cathedral, Lagos at 9am
Attendance at the Masses of Chrism this year shall be as follows:
• ALL Priests
• Representatives of the lay faithful and select groups.
• Other persons and the lay faithful that will not be able to participate physically are encouraged to join the Chrism Mass that would be broadcast live on Thursday, 14th April from the Holy Cross Cathedral on Lumen Christi TV Channel 350.
CATHEDRATICUM- APPEAL FROM THE ARCHBISHOP: One of the very laudable practices at the Masses of Chrism is the presentation of gifts that are distributed to the less-privileged and the needy in various Homes and prisons around the Archdiocese. We expect Parish Priests and Priests-In-Charge to make deliberate and concerted efforts to encourage Parishioners to generously donate gift items to the growing number of indigent people that come around with high expectations at this time. The resources saved by our Lenten fast are supposed to be used for charity rather than as savings for other personal uses.
CHEQUE DONATIONS FOR THIS PURPOSE CAN BE DRAWN IN FAVOUR OF: HOLY CROSS CATHEDRAL LAGOS
Please note: The word “Cathedraticum” should be written at the back of the cheque, with the name of your parish also. God bless you for your generosity.